Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:55:23 +0200
From:      Matthias Teege <matthias-bsde@mteege.de>
To:        nick@van-laarhoven.org, freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nanobsd boot slice selection does not work

Moin,

> I've seen this problem as well, but can't for the life of me remember what I

I'm relieved to hear that.

> did about it. Searching in our build environment does not yield an answer.

I use fdisk to set the active slice as workaround.

> Does changing boot image options change something?

I don't think so. I've changed update/noupdate, packet/nopacket,
setdrv/nosetdrv without any success.

> Or change to boot0sio. perhaps the fact that there is no keyboard confuses
> things.

I use boot0sio all the time. I is the default in nanobsd.

# grep boot0sio /usr/src/tools/tools/nanobsd/nanobsd.sh
NANO_BOOTLOADER="boot/boot0sio"

I can reproduce the problem under KVM Emulation so I think it isn't
a soekris or CF problem. The problem is, that boot0cfg doesn't change
the flag for the active slice. In my example slice 2 is always flagged
as active.

Many thanks
Matthias