Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:01:27 -0700
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        =?utf-8?Q?Yavuz_Ma=C5=9Flak?= <yavuz.maslak@netiletisim.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: about tcpdump

On Apr 15, 2010, at 1:37 PM, Yavuz Ma=C5=9Flak wrote:
> I have a network. I wish to log all incoming and outgoing trafficc =
using tcpdump on my gateway server. But I don't want to log these =
traffic's data because of they take up much on disk.
> I only want to log which ports were used, which ip addresses were =
reached.
> How can I do these using tcpdump ?

"tcpdump -nq" will display a short and sweet summary of packets, without =
the contents.  You might also find that /usr/ports/net/tcpflow is =
helpful for coalescing tcpdump data into flows.

Regards,
--=20
-Chuck