Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:59:14 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Gary Lum <g_lum@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call me stupid...

--h31gzZEtNLTqOjlF

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 09:31:33PM -0800, Gary Lum wrote:
> If I'm reading this correctly, Current is
> developmental and should probably not be a production
> machine? IS there a way to backout of this? I haven't
> done anything to the system after stopping CVSUP. What
> if I wiped the directories and reloaded the source
> from CD? OR should I finish the CVSUP and live with
> Current? =20

If you just edit your supfile and change the tag to say RELENG_5_1 and
then re-run the cvsup(1) job, it should get you the 5.1-RELEASE
sources you require.  If you're completely paranoid about things, you
could remove the whole of the contents of /usr/src and re-cvsup from
scratch, but that will suck up a whole load of bandwidth, put a good
deal of load on the cvsup servers and probably take rather longer than
is really convenient, so don't do that without good reason.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way