Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:53:52 +0200
From:      Marcin Dalecki <mdcki@gmx.net>
To:        deischen@freebsd.org
Cc:        Freebsd Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fixing -pthreads (Re: ports and -current)

Daniel Eischen wrote:

> Making -pthread a NOOP _would_ (*) break the application
> in the link stage; it would be obvious when the application
> failed to link with lots of unresolved pthread symbols.

Yeah it would break. It would break in a way where the first
thing I would suppose to be the case would be a problem with
the compiler install instead of what it's supposed to tell me.
I still stay by this: This is silly and annoying for someone not
esp. interrested in all those wars about which thread lib is better then the other.