Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 1997 20:41:23 +0000
From:      Nicolas Souchu <Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.dk.tfs.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Parallel port developpements - ppbus

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <33F43E94.41C67EA6@prism.uvsq.fr>, Nicolas Souchu writes:
> >Hi there!
> >
> >ppbus (Parallel port bus) brings generic functions for peripherial
> >detection
> >and parallel port sharing.
>
> Cool!
>
> >Anyway, tell us which parallel-port-hardware should be first ported.
>
> Well, how about parallel printers and the PLIP/LPIP support ?  :-)

You're right, we should keep in mind existing good stuff :)

	- lpt.c has been ported (keeping code untouched, just inserting ppbus
	  request/release func.) and must be tested

	  About parallel printers, Anybody knows which printers are
	  IEEE1284.1 (Transport Independent Printer Interface) compliant.
	  What about this standard, should we implement it?

	- plip should of course.
	  We want to move it to a standalone file... plip.c?

nicolas
--
Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr
My ZIP Iomega home page... http://www.prism.uvsq.fr/~son/ppa3.html