Date:      Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:45:43 +0100
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>, logo@freebsd.org, kuriyama@freebsd.org
Cc:        Olafur Osvaldsson <oli@isnic.is>, hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp.ca.freebsd.org is in Denmark

Hi,

jason andrade wrote on Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 12:25:57AM +1000:
[..]
> > At ftp.is.* wich I consider a full FreeBSD mirror I get the following numbers:
> >
> > ftp:  66.155 MB
> > http:    181 MB
> > cvs:   1.639 MB
> >
> > I suggest using the following requirements as it will only get bigger with
> > the upcoming 5.0 release:
> >
> > ftp:   75 GB (?maybe more?)
>
> i'd recommend 100G, especially given the possibility of freebsd on another architecture.
>
> > http: 200 MB
>
> probably more like 250M
>
> > cvs:    2 GB
>
> 2-3G
>

> Basically, for 12 months planning, a complete freebsd project mirror (a tier1 equivalent)
> will need between 100-125 Gbytes, which should cover most contingencies.
[..]

I agree.

Jun or Valentino, would you commit the suggested changes? If you
_really_ need a separate patch for this, I will provide it.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock        - "Do you love yourself ?" - "Yes!" (Isar 12) -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*