Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:00:50 -0500
From:      Greg Skouby <gskouby@sitesnow.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   config kernel for wired down devices

Hello,

Here are some excerpts of the kernel that I am building:

device          da0             # Direct Access (disks)
controller 	ahc0
controller      scbus0 at ahc0
controller      ahc1
controller      scbus1 at ahc1
device          da4 at scbus1 target 0

I have four disks (da0, da1, da2, da3) that are connected via an external SCSI connector (which is ahc0). I have an internal SCSI drive
(da4) that I have on ahc1. They work fine with the generic kernel but I want to wire down the da4 drive so that it always gets the
device name da4. Will this kernel config (along with all the other parts of the GENERIC kernel) get the job done or am I missing
something? Thanks for your time.