Date:      Tue, 12 May 2015 19:34:55 +0300
From:      Ruslan Makhmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        =?UTF-8?B?Um9nZXIgUGF1IE1vbm7DqQ==?= <roger.pau@citrix.com>,  freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iommu must be enabled for PVH hardware domain

Roger Pau Monné wrote on 05/12/15 18:50:
> Hello,
>
> El 12/05/15 a les 17.20, Ruslan Makhmatkhanov ha escrit:
>> Hello,
>>
>> we have machine with VT-d and EPT-capable CPU:
>> Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5504 [1]
>>
>> The system is FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT r282694 installed from
>> ftp.freebsd.org iso.
>>
>> But dom0 fails to boot at this hardware with "iommu must be enabled for
>> PVH hardware domain" [2]. VT-d support is indeed not detected at kernel
>> level. Here is dmesg with VT-d enabled in BIOS [3] and dmesg with VT-d
>> disabled in BIOS [4]. It's look like there is no difference on both
>> outputs. Here is the proofpic of that the system is VT-d capable and the
>> support is enabled in BIOS [5]. Here is acpidump -t output [6]
>
> My bet right now is be that Xen detects that your IOMMU contains erratas
> and disables it. Can you add "iommu=debug,force" to your xen_cmdline and
> try again?
>
> Also, can you paste the contents of your /boot/loader.conf?
>
> Roger.

Sorry, I can only test iommu debug option tomorrow, so will send it's
output later. /boot/loader.conf contents below:

rm@:~ % cat /boot/loader.conf
zfs_load="YES"
vfs.root.mountfrom="zfs:storage/root"
xen_kernel="/boot/xen"
xen_cmdline="dom0_mem=2048M dom0_max_vcpus=4 dom0pvh=1 com1=115200,8n1
guest_loglvl=all loglvl=all"

--
Regards,
Ruslan