Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 12:53:59 -0600
From:      "eBoundHost: Artur" <artur@eboundhost.com>
To:        "Jerry McAllister" <jerrymc@msu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: who wrote this

> So, I haven't yet thought of a good, adequately lean, but clarifying
> phrase,
> though if one comes to me I will submit it, but a clarifying phrase could
> well be included and the hitler example remain with it because it
> establishes
> a very strong case-in-point example.

How about something like this:

http://www.freebsd.org/internal/fortunes.html
Examples of entries that should not usually be declared 'offensive':
    * Quotes from controversial historical figures, no matter how despicable
they were.
    * Jokes about emacs/vi or your favorite technology, ........

Or something along these lines.  It gets the point accross better than
"hitler quotes" and does not upset a segment of our users.