Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 1999 14:49:39 -0700
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        Francisco Reyes <freyes@inch.com>
Cc:        FreebSD ISP list <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Need suggestions. What features needed for admin tool?

On Thu, Jun 24, 1999 at 12:48:54AM -0400, Francisco Reyes wrote:
> About a month ago I bought a web based admin tool for FreeBSD called
> Netmax.
> It basically presents an HTML front end to DNS, Mail, Samba, backup,
> IFPW and other services.
>
> In talks with the vendor and from comments (or lack thereof) in
> lists/newsgroups I have not seen anyone else using Netmax.

I looked at the web page and online demo, and it seems like a
prettied-up analogue of webmin.  What I had hoped it would do, which
is easy configuration of groups of similar machines, and groups of
groups, etc. etc., it didn't seem to do.  Its 'machine groups'
section seemed pretty weak.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                    Was Jimi's modem a Purple Hayes?
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com