Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:40:02 -0800
From:      "Sam Leffler" <sam@errno.com>
To:        "Juli Mallett" <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Errors with wireless

> * De: Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com> [ Data: 2003-02-25 ]
> [ Subjecte: Re: Errors with wireless ]
> > > wi0: tx failed, retry limit exceeded
> >
> > If this happens again show the output of sysctl hw.wi.
>
> I get those constantly when doing e.g. an interactive FTP session.
>
> (jmallett@luna:~)10% sysctl hw.wi
> hw.wi.txerate: -1
> hw.wi.debug: 0
>
> Should I be tuning txerate or something?

I blew it.  The default setting of -1 was supposed to disable all tx error
messages (a la the old driver) but instead caused all messages to be printed
(no rate limiting).  It looks like you need to do something like:

sysctl hw.wi.txerate=999999

to disable the error messages or set it to some other value N to get no more
than N messages/second printed.  I'll fix the code to set the default to a
large number.

    Sam