Date:      Wed, 9 Nov 2016 13:31:56 +0100
From:      "John W. Kitz" <John.Kitz@xs4all.nl>
To:        <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to change MAC address on RPI-B?

Hi,

Further to my earlier email on this topic and assuming you haven't already
done so, you may need to have a look at
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Changing_Your_MAC_Address/FreeBSD as well as
at, a more UNIX flavor independent, discussion of the topic at
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Changing_Your_MAC_Address/Linux, which also
specifically addresses how to make overriding the burned-in MAC address
persistent.

In addition I noticed that the MAC address, which you are trying to use
instead of the burned-in one, contains 'FF', which, given its use in
functional MAC addresses used for broadcast type purposes, might not be such
a good idea.

I hope this helps, regards, Jk.