Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 17:40:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        rlyon@ozemail.com.au, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What hardware is required for XFree

> > I am considering running X windows. My objective is to run
> > emacs, gcc and a motif-like manger for x application development.
>
> Avoid Motif.  There are several reasons here; performance and cost are two.

The third, of course, is that it's a standard, and if you use it
and follow the user interface guidelines, people will be able to
use the resulting programs without manuals.

Which means that you won't be able to use the manual as a licensing
key.  Terrible drawback, that... ;-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---