Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:21:30 +0100
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
Cc:        Thomas Quinot <thomas@FreeBSD.ORG>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: crash: bwrite: need chained iodone

Le 2003-03-12, Jeff Roberson écrivait :

> Can you disable sync on panic to make sure that something has not come
> along and cleaned this buffer?  I suspect that it has been modified after
> the first panic.  Do you know when this first started to happen?  Do you
> have any more clues into what triggered it?

I have now disabled sync_on_panic for future crashes :)

I did not see this crash before I upgraded from 5.0-REL to -CURRENT
last weekend (I previously had panics consecutive to vm_page_wakeup being
called with a NULL argument, which is why I upgraded). I have little
idea as to what exactly might have caused the crash. I was using the
machine for desktop work (a few rxvts, xemacs, xchat, & so on, with
the Nvidia driver with Maxime's patches).

Thomas.

--
    Thomas.Quinot@Cuivre.FR.EU.ORG