Date:      Mon, 23 Apr 2001 14:51:01 +0800
From:      markemmanuel <lists@markemmanuel.org>
To:        "Questions freebsd.org" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Gaming on FreeBSD...

I kinda figured that since game development has been windows centric.  I'm
also a mac user so I'm kinda used to it (OH MY GOD!!! A MAC USER!!!) Yeah...
Yeah... Debian was on my PowerMac and so was NetBSD.  I'm still a newbie
though.

I'm only going to run games from Loki Games and I really don't want to use
WINE. I'm not a hardcore gamer that needs 90fps.  Just something that I can
play with when I'm not learning code, doing graphic arts, or writing papers.

The only MS product I am using right now is  Office for Macintosh.  I'm
building a computer from scratch.  Most likely with a Duron or Athlon.  In
short, I don't own Windows.  I can probably borrow it. ;)

I'm part of a small minority that's tired of MS products, likes games, and
looking for an alternative other than Apple.  Trying to think differently.
Think of us gamers as those who are trying to grow a market segment so we
can get cool stuff. :)

I should refine my question and ask, "How does it stack up compared to
Linux?"  Thanks. :)

markemmanuel

Quoted from the Book of Rasputin Ch 6:7-13 on 4/23/01 4:52 PM: