Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:06:00 +0200
From:      gouders@et.bocholt.fh-ge.de
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Disks, partitions, slices ???

Hi,

during installation of FBSD 3.2 I used the disk layout that was
suggested by the installation procedure:

Filesystem           1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
/dev/wd0s1a              39647    18729    17747    51%    /
/dev/wd0s1f            9279323  2008050  6528928    24%    /usr
/dev/wd0s1e              19815     7330    10900    40%    /var
procfs                       4        4        0   100%    /proc

Now, I sometimes have problems with full file-systems and would like
to change the current layout of my disk but have no idea if and how it
could be done.

Can anybody point me to where I can learn about FBSD concepts of
handling hard disks?  I checked the handbook but only found some
advice how to add a new disk to the system.

Thanks,

Dirk