Date:      Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:50:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alan Batie <alan@batie.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/37582: python port has no distfile defined

The following reply was made to PR ports/37582; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alan Batie <alan@batie.org>
To: Alan E <alane@geeksrus.net>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:43:21 -0700

 --BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

 On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 08:15:39AM -0400, Alan E wrote:
 > Try a different cvsup mirror to update your repo copy.
 > I'm guessing the one you have is out of date.

 It turns out to be the Mk files that are out of date (and this system
 was just upgraded to stable a couple of weeks ago!).  May I suggest that
 the Mk or Makefiles be made a little more robust in detecting when
 features are missing?  This happens frequently enough to be annoying,
 but infrequently enough that they're not the first thing I think of
 when problems occur.

 --=20
 Alan Batie                   ______    www.rdrop.com/users/alan      Me
 alan@batie.org               \    /    www.qrd.org         The Triangle
 PGPFP DE 3C 29 17 C0 49 7A    \  /     www.pgpi.com   The Weird Numbers
 27 40 A5 3C 37 4A DA 52 B9     \/      razor.sourceforge.net   NO SPAM!

     "They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,=20
          deserve neither liberty nor safety."  (Ben Franklin)

 --BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl

 --BXVAT5kNtrzKuDFl--