Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:49:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <jamie@itribe.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IRC - #freebsd-newbies invasion?

Redirected to -chat

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Sue Blake wrote:

> Some newbies are talking about where we should start a #freebsd-newbies IRC
> channel, and among other options the FreeBSD IRC server came up.
>
> I've drifted through a couple of times, and I get the impression you lot
> wouldn't want newbies jumping around in there, and I note that the IrcII
> port no longer defaults to that server. On the other hand, it might actually
> be helpful to have a newbies channel nearby you could send people to. It
> would also be mentioned on the Newbies Resources web page.
>
> What are your thoughts on this?

As one who is continously on bsdnet, I personally wouldn't have a problem
with it.  Hell, yall can have the #FreeBSD channel itself if you want it,
it's almost never populated and sees minimal chat.

Anyone have a problem with it?

--
Jamie Bowden
Systems Administrator, iTRiBE.net

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)