Date:      Mon, 16 May 2022 09:11:05 +0000
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@freebsd.org>
To:        Micha?? G??rny <mgorny@gentoo.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hang while trying to boot armv7 on qemu-system-arm

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 03:21:50PM +0100, Micha?? G??rny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [...] I've been trying to boot armv7 via qemu following the recipe on
> wiki [1] but without success.
>
> I've been trying the armv7 images from FTP, 12.2 in GENERICSD and RPI2
> variants, and 12.1 in GENERICSD variant.  In all cases, the system
> seemed to hang [after these lines]:
>
> Hit [Enter] to boot immediately, or any other key for command prompt.
> Booting [/boot/kernel/kernel]...
> Using DTB provided by EFI at 0x47dfd000.
> Kernel entry at 0x57e00180...
> Kernel args: (null)

I've just tried following the same wiki recipe with GENERICSD images
for 12.3 and 13.1-RC4, with the same outcome, regardless of the QEMU
version.  How to proceed from here?  Is wiki recipe missing important
details?  If it works for someone, could you guys share exact versions
of QEMU, U-Boot, FreeBSD version and image type you're using?  Thanks,

./danfe