Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:04:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        cfdisk@icon.icon.bg, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, vd@etrade.bg
Subject:   Re: make installworld err code 1 in 4.5-STABLE

>Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:53:41 +0200
>From: "C. F. Disk" <cfdisk@icon.icon.bg>

>WHAT CAUSED IT:

>after playing a while with it i discovered the command that
>caused the problem:

>cd /usr/include; \
>/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils/h2ph/../../miniperl/miniperl \
>-I/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils/h2ph/lib \
>/usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/utils/h2ph/h2ph -d \
>/usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach * */*

>Can't open langinfo.h: No such file or directory

>so the core of the problem was the link
>/usr/include/langinfo.h -> /usr/src/lib/libc/locale/nl_langinfo.c
>and the nonexistency of that file nl_langinfo.c

>removing that link solved the problem.

>WHY AM I WRITING THIS, AFTER I HAVE FIXATED THE PROBLEM?
>1. to ask about that file nl_langinfo.c, does it exist in
>other systems? (find(1) did not find anything in /usr)
>and what about that link langinfo.h, pointing to it?

The file exists in -CURRENT, but not in -STABLE (at least, for the
systems I have available for checking).

Cheers,
david
I believe it would be irresponsible (and thus, unethical) for me to advise,
recommend, or support the use of any product that is or depends on any
Microsoft product for any purpose other than personal amusement.