Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:56:32 -0800
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        fbsd_user <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail & dns lookups

On 2006-03-21 10:50, fbsd_user <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com> wrote:
>Giorgos Keramidas [mailto:keramida@ceid.upatras.gr] wrote:
>>On 2006-03-20 23:02, fbsd_user <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com> wrote:
>>> How do you tell sendmail not to do dns lookups?
>>
>> You may be interested at the description of FEATURE(`nodns') in
>> the file `/usr/share/sendmail/cf/README'.
>
> Yes this is what I want, but the instructions to install are
> for native sendmail and not the FreeBSD way.  What is the
> FreeBSD way of activating the nodsn feature?

The same as for any other Sendmail feature.  You'd have to edit
your local `sendmail.mc' or `hostname.mc' file in `/etc/mail',
add the new feature line, and run (while still in `/etc/mail'):

        # make
        # make install
        # make restart

The only FreeBSD-specific thing about enabling Sendmail features
is that in FreeBSD the default `foo.mc' file that is used is the
one that matches your hostname.  So if your hostname is currently
set to `foo.bar', look for `/etc/mail/foo.bar.mc' to add any new
Sendmail features.