Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2017 16:22:26 +0100
From:      Kenneth Hatteland <kennethhatteland@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 11.1 SSD low browser performance

I have a problem that annoys me and makes my desktop use painful. I have
put a rather cheap Kingdian SSD into my box after my HDD seemed slow,
but it did not enhance performance that much. It is when I use internet
browsers the problem occurs. The browser works slow, freeze very often
and video is choppy. It is from time to time impossible to switch
between tabs, and graphics load painfully slow. When these things occur,
the hard drive light blinks madly.

When I use the machine with other software it is snappy and responsive.
Music is flawless etc. So onlly when  I use firefox, Chromium or Iridium.

I have been thinking perhaps something about TRIM should be set up ? Or
does anyone have other clues what I can do/check ?

Kenneth