Date:      Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:32:16 +0900
From:      Behcet Sarikaya <sarikaya@u-aizu.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Martti Kuparinen <lmfmara@greymse1.lmf.ericsson.se>, Max Gotlib <max@cca.usart.ru>, sarikaya@u-aizu.ac.jp
Subject:   Multicast on Wavelan NIC

We ran into problems in getting multicast running using if_wlp.c PAO driver in
FreeBSD 2.2.6 and 2.2.7. The kernel compile is OK with a few bug fixes and
with MULTICAST option set.

One problem is that the driver freezes after the first multicast session, I
tried it with MulticastClient and Server in Java tutorial.
Next problem is that it does not let more than one multicast client to run.

I also tried Jim Binkley's driver but this driver could not recognize PCMCIA
card.
Does anyone have a working driver for the newest FreeBSD (2.2.7) that supports
2.4GHz cards?

Maybe I should switch to Linux, Linux supports multicast just like Solaris.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

Behcet Sarikaya
University of Aizu