Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 1996 08:44:27 +0200 (GMT)
From:      Robin Lunn <robin@is.co.za>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd@newtrend.com
Subject:   Re: Long login name questiony

Terry Lambert wrote:
> > Hi, can someone tell me whether there is a way to use long login name (
> > longer than 8 characters ) since the adduser will take a login name of up to
> > 8 characters long.
>
> You much change a hearder file and recompile the world (much less than
> the world, actually, but compiling everything is easier than
> figuring out exactly what uses the manifest constant, and safer).

/usr/include/utmp.h line 48: #define UT_NAMESIZE is the one you want to
change.  I recompiled the binary distribution only and have found no
problems.

--
_ __                  | Only my ideas here unless I say otherwise...      _
' )  )     /          | (BeamJack@IRC)                                   / \