Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:34:43 +0100
From:      Sverre Valgeirsson <e96sv@efd.lth.se>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Porting a KDE2 application

Hi,
I'm trying to port a KDE2 application (ksetiwatch) and since this is
my first port, I've run into some trouble that I hope someone would be
kind enough to help me with.

I'm following the test sequence suggested at
http://www.freebsd.org/porters-handbook/porting-testing.html
and I run into problems when doing "make deinstall".
I get the error:
pkg_delete: couldn't open dependency file `/var/db/pkg/XFree86-libraries-4.0.1_2/+REQUIRED_BY'

I don't have XFree86-libraries-4.0.1_2 installed (but I have XFree86-4.0.2_4), so where
did the XFree86-libraries-4.0.1_2 dependancy come from?
Can I tell the port to be dependant on XFree86 period (no specific verison) ?

This also disturbs using packages of the port, so many of the tests on the page above fail.

Thanks for your help
/sverre