Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:26:01 -0400
From:      "Jessie Xu" <Jessie.Xu@cryptologic.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   console no responding to key in.

To whom it concerns:
=20
I am an unix administrator, am responsible for our company's unix
servers: there are some running FreeBSD (ver 4.10, 4.11, etc).
We I tried to connect to the console by connecting a LCD & keyboard. I
found some consoles are responding the key typing, some are just like a
dead session - no responding to key typing at all.=20
=20
I must fix the problem since I need console login with root. Any insight
on this? thanks.=20
Our machines are Dell PowerEdge 2650 (2U rack mountable) , come with
Video port, PS2 keyboard/Mouse ports, and two Serial ports. -- I also
tried the serial ports for console access, no lucky.
=20
My question is: why some machines' LCD console is hang while some are
good. the consoles with hang problem show Unix error message on the
console, but I don't think this could cause the console hang.=20
  =20
I also checked the BIOS, the good ones have same setting wit bad ones.
=20
Jessie Xu
Unix Administrator
jessie.xu@cryptologic.com