Date:      Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:02:09 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Markus Dolze <bsdfan@nurfuerspam.de>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: glib's python dependency

--=-gHs55b78FmyaUyiFgvzl

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 12:10 +0200, Markus Dolze wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I am using 'mc' which requires 'glib' which itself has a dependency on=20
> Python. From the changelog I found that gtester-report is using Python.=20
> After browsing the sources I am still unsure how much of Python is used=20
> elsewhere in glib (e.g. regular expressions).
>=20
> What is Python used for in glib? I would like to get rid of this=20
> dependency, but am not sure how much will break if I do so.

Python is a hard requirement of glib.  It is required by the installed
script gtester-report (as you have found).  If you feel that the
dependency should be optional, open a bug with the glib authors, and
have them change the code to make it so.  If Python was removed now, it
would break this script, and any consumer of it.

Joe

--=20

--=-gHs55b78FmyaUyiFgvzl

--=-gHs55b78FmyaUyiFgvzl--