Date:      Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:27:18 -0500
From:      Jerry <freebsd.user@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Apple & FreeBSD relationship

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 10:53:47 -0800
David Brodbeck <gull@gull.us> articulated:

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 8:57 AM, Mark Felder <feld@feld.me> wrote:
> > On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 17:31:32 -0600, Frank Shute
> > <frank@shute.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Apple produces the clusterfuck that is CUPS, I believe.
> >

> > Apple took over the CUPS project. They didn't write it. They're
> > improving it a lot with every major OSX release, so I'm not sure
> > why you're so upset.
>
> I think a lot of the hate for CUPS here is NIH syndrome.

Seriously, it goes way, way beyond CUPS. Just look at the debauchery
regarding a HAL replacement. Instead of the different distros creating a
uniform replacement, they are each intent on reinventing the wheel with
their own implementation. In the end, nobody gains and the status quo
per se remains as fragmented as ever.

--
Jerry ✌
FreeBSD.user@seibercom.net

It is always the best policy to tell the truth, unless, of course,
you are an exceptionally good liar.

	Jerome K. Jerome