Date:      Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:46:29 +0200 (EET)
From:      Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>
To:        ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: le(4) driver

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Bernd Walter wrote:

> > >I don't think that many have interest to take care about old isa cards
> > >that can be replaced by modern and cheap pci cards.
> > >It's possible that they just work - either since ages or by machine
> > >independend changes, but I'm almost shure that noone realy tested on
> > >alpha.
> > >Just try and tell us what happens.
> >
> > hmmm.
> > i vave two old alpha width one de(4) card and two le(4) card.
> > i can testing le(4) driver, but i don't known way :)
> > if your can say to me, what i need to do - i try it.
>
> Add the driver to your kernel in the same way as you would on an i386
> system and tell us where it fails or if it works.

Some time ago I tried a bunch of ISA network cards on alpha and afair I
couldn't get any of them to work. Maybe the 3com cards, but I'm not sure.
I submitted a PR, but I believe it was recently closed because I could not
repeat the test again on a recent version. So YMMV, quite a lot actully.

=09-jake

--=20
Jarkko Santala <jake(=E4t)iki.fi>  System Administrator  http://iki.fi/jake=
/