Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:23:00 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        "Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail server setup questions

On Tue, 4 Sep 2007 18:03:20 -0400
"Jim Stapleton" <stapleton.41@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need a mail server to take incoming mail, and provide a pop3 (or
> better yet, SSLed POP3) connection.

Jim,
- incoming email + delivery : postfix . Really well documented. Haven't found a feature not implemented. As secure as you configure it (unlike qmail which implements a lot of security by axing features, so u need to add dubious hacks...)

- dovecot : POP + IMAP, works quite well with ssl too

- webmail : i use roundcube, but there are plenty of options. All u need is something that talks IMAP to your imap server

- amavis-new as glue for Spam assassin / other spam tagging system  + clamav.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

Sysadmins can't be sued for malpractice, but surgeons don't have to
deal with patients who install new versions of their own innards.