Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 19:48:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   [Q] bus architecture books

On Thu, 4 Jan 1996, Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> > > "Programming Plug and Play" (w/ disk) Kelsey, $40
> > > "Plug and Play System Architecture" Shanley & Anderson, $30
> >
> > 	if Shanley & Anderson have continued the excellence of their
> > isa/386, 486, 586, pci series then this is the book to get.
>
> May I ask if you have references to some good book which deals with
> the various PC busses (ISA, EISA, VLB, PCI) ? Possibly ISBN and
> publisher.

	Rod grimes is the real authority on this.  i use the following

isa system architecture, tom shanley adn don anderson, mindshare inc.
	isbn 1-881609-05-7   recently republished by addison-wesley
	pages 301-387 are isa bus, dma, interrupt system

pci system architecture, tom shanley adn don anderson, mindshare inc.
	isbn -1881609-08-1   recently republished by addison-wesley
	pci bus only page 31-227, i82420 (saturn i??) pages 277-317

eisa system architecture, tom shanley only, mindshare inc.
	dont have the isbn   recently republished by addison-wesley

	mindshare@interserve.com

annabooks puts out some as well, that one is at work, not here, sorry.

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG