Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 1995 22:19:32 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
Cc:        scott@statsci.com, doc@freebsd.org, core@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Poll: name for document formatter

> Aside from aesthetic problems, the portion of the package
> attribtable to linuxdoc is diminishing and if I have my way will
> disappear completely and be replaced with the docbook DTD.

I'd love to see that happen but last time I looked at gmat (the
O'Reilly translator for Docbook), it required the new sgml
parser sp from Clark (a big thing in C++) and the translator
seemed not that easy to use.

Granted, the Docbook DTD is far superior to Linuxdoc but
it seemed too much.
--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
  FreeBSD keltia 2.0.950416-SNAP #17: Sun Apr 16 17:12:07 MET DST 1995