Date:      Mon, 26 Sep 2011 07:59:15 +1000
From:      John Marshall <john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        delphij@freebsd.org
Subject:   net/openldap24-server won't start after bdb5 upgrade

--tsOsTdHNUZQcU9Ye

If net/openldap24-server is built WITH_BDB_VER=3D5, the server will fail
to load the bdb backend at startup and will fail.

  ----------------
  @(#) $OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.26 (Sep 26 2011 06:13:10)
  lt_dlopenext failed: (back_bdb) file not found
  config error processing cn=3Dmodule{0},cn=3Dconfig: <olcModuleLoad> handl=
er exited with 1
  slapd stopped.
  ----------------

This is because the port doesn't include the BDB backend in the build.
The BDB backend is excluded from the build because the port doesn't
recognize the new BDB version numbering now used in bsd.database.mk.

About a month ago I submitted a simple patch to work around this but I
guess the maintainer has been too busy to look at it.  I just got bitten
again with the recent bdb 5.2.28 --> 5.2.36 upgrade and thought I'd
mention it here.

See ports/160270 for Makefile patch.

--=20
John Marshall