Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:04:10 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: konqueror 3.0.1 eats all CPU

The following is an OpenPGP/MIME signed message
created by Enigmail/Mozilla, following RFC 2440 and RFC 2015
--------------enig62136C7804CBEBDAB9C720F6

Ollivier Robert wrote:
> According to Michael Nottebrock:
>
>>At least on -CURRENT, this stems from QT being compiled with the
>>system-gcc3, which breaks the gif-loader of QT. Here is a patch for the
>

> I've seen that mentionned a few times but what did we changed in gcc31 in the
> system that makes it generate bad code ?

Actually the system-gcc31 is older than the ports-gcc31, so the question
is rather "What did the gcc-developers change during those weeks?". :)

Regards,
--
Michael Nottebrock
"The circumstance ends uglily in the cruel result." - Babelfish

--------------enig62136C7804CBEBDAB9C720F6