Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 11:39:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jamie <batsy@io.org>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-install@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SIGPIPE in jun12 SNAP install

On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, Doug White wrote:

> > I have gone through the archives and I haven't found anything on this.
> > I have been trying to install the jun 12 SNAP and it almost gets there...
> > But, when I try to install the packages, I look in the "emergency VTY"
> > and it tells me that it can't pkg_add because of a SIGPIPE error. Someone
> > has pointed out to me that this may meant that (in all likelyhood) when
> > it tries to pipe something to tar, tar is no longer a process. His other
> > suggestion was that it may not be tar, but it seems that a command it
> > being piped to a dead process or non-existant string.
>
> What is the complete text of the error message(s)?
>
> A bad archive will cause this.

Actually it seemed that I was mising a library and I had to grab it
from another machine. I wish I could remember the exact error now,
but I have since installed everything else without many hitches.
Sorry about that, but thanks for the interest:)
-j

The opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of my employer.
In fact, it is likely that they are those of the aliens that abducted me
and put a strange implant in my frontal lobe.
Jamie Reid	Junior Systems Administrator	io.org/ican.net	 batsy@io.org