Date:      Wed, 8 Feb 2012 10:07:24 -0800
From:      Matt Mullins <mokomull@gmail.com>
To:        jbiskofski <jbiskofski@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: APC UPS Trip Lite - usb device keeps disconnecting

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM, jbiskofski <jbiskofski@gmail.com> wrote:
> And then about 20 seconds later :
>
> =A0 =A0ugen1.2: <Tripp Lite> at usbus1 (disconnected)
> =A0 =A0uhid1: at uhub1, port 2, addr 2 (disconnected)
>
> 20 seconds after that :
>
> =A0 =A0ugen1.2: <Tripp Lite> at usbus1
> =A0 =A0uhid1: <Tripp Lite Tripp Lite UPS, class 0/0, rev 1.10/0.07, addr =
2> on
> usbus1

I have a TrippLite UPS that does this too -- it seems to stop
disconnecting once the monitoring software runs and connects to the
device.

I personally use Network UPS Tools for monitoring, but it was a bit
more complicated to set up than when I used apcupsd back when I had an
APC-branded UPS.

Hope this helps,
Matt Mullins