Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 02:24:47 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        bde@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Can't find file boot.config ... Can't find file boot.help"

> >The 2.2 and 3.0 installation floppies now puke this up at boot-time
> >(as of yesterday's bits) with these two messages.
>
> Only mis-installed versions of -current should complain.  This feature
> isn't in 2.2.

Mea culpa on the false report for 2.2 - I thought I had a 2.2 install
floppy when I didn't. :-}

However, the -current boot floppy still hates life - I'm not talking
about versions of -current on your hard disk, mis-installed or not,
I'm talking about boot.flp spewing these messages out and it's just
wrong since WTF is the user supposed to do about that?

Ah never mind, I'll just splat some files onto the boot.flp and forget
about this new feature. :-)

					Jordan