Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 15:08:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@freebie.dcfinc.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        rkw@dataplex.net, brian@awfulhak.org, andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Version Resolution?

> > Since I have not "solved" these additional problems, he seems to
> > feel that my submission is unacceptable.
>
> Because of RCS file corruption, yes.

Ok, so perhaps we've beaten this particular solution to death.  But as
the guy who raised the issue in the first place, I'd like to see some
thought and effort into an acceptable solution.

Seems to me the commit process, however managed, needs to bump a counter
(or date/time or somesuch...) at each and every commit.  The
counter/timestamp needs enough digits so as not to wrap in the
forseeable future.  I'd like to be able to find the information via
uname, so I'd put it in newvers.sh.

Why would this be hard to do?

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL22)              Brother, can you paradigm?
602-953-1392  chad@dcfinc.com  chad@anasazi.com  crl22@aol.com