Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 22:07:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Stephen D. Spencer" <lists3@artorius.sunflower.com>
To:        Mike Harlan <r3mdh@raex.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, r3cgm@cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: New Version Compatiblities

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Mike Harlan wrote:

> [...]
> Christopher questions whether or not the 2.2.5/3.0-snap support is yet for
> VLB stuff.
> [...]

Well then, tell this Christopher person to check the hardware
compatibility page and have his head examined (insert much humor (laugh
dammit:))  I have run FreeBSD since 2.1.x on an AMD-DX4-100 VLB system
with a 2Mb Diamond Stealth(s3/864) VLB video card and an Adaptec 2842
(VLB) SCSI controller... very nicely I might add... runs at least as well
as some Pentium 60 & 75 systems running 95 :)  He is probably thinking of
Open and NetBSD.  They have no support for my poor antiquated hardware.

Regards,
Stephen

-    Stephen Spencer        finger gladiatr@artorius.sunflower.com for      -
-    administrator          PGP key.                                        -
-    Sunflower Datavision	  http://www.sunflower.com		    -