Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2018 22:14:06 +0530
From:      Manish Jain <jude.obscure@yandex.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   A tricky problem: managing ext2fs extended attributes under FreeBSD

Hi,

I am running a 10.4 amd64 system in which the OS is FreeBSD. The root
filesystem is UFS ,

whereas all my user data gets stored in an ext2fs partition.

Extended attributes like unlinkable can be set with chflags under
FreeBSD UFS and

with chattr under Linux Ext2.

There are times when I want to mark a file among my user data as
non-deleteable.

FreeBSD I think can set/honour flags only for UFS, not for Ext2 filesystem.

Is there some way I can get Ext2 attributes to work under FreeBSD ?

Thanks for any tips.

Manish Jain