Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 21:29:13 +0100
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        freebsd@fadesa.es
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mplayer/mencoder and bktr

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:29:47 +0100
"José M. Fandiño" <freebsd@fadesa.es> wrote:

JMF> does anybody have a working mplayer/mencoder under FreeBSD 4.7???

	Yes, I do (I'm on -stable but it's been working before, and after
the 4.7 release). I've been using it as my main TV for some time now.

	I think you may be having XVideo support problems, have you tried
different -vo options ? What video card are you using ?

mplayer output when working:

Playing TV
Detected TV! ;-)
Selected driver: bsdbt848
 name: Brooktree848 Support
 author: Charles Henrich
 comment: in development
START
vo: X11 running at 1600x1200 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local
display) Disabling DPMS
Opening video decoder: [raw] RAW Uncompressed Video
VDec: vo config request - 768 x 576 (preferred csp: Packed UYVY)
VDec: using Packed UYVY as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
VO: [xv] 768x576 => 768x576 Packed UYVY  [fs]
Selected video codec: [rawuyvy] vfm:raw (RAW UYVY)
Audio: no sound!!!
FPS forced to be 25.000  (ftime: 0.040)
Start playing...
V:   0.0   35   0% 15%  0.0% 0 0 0%

	These numbers then start moving.

--
C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun