Date:      Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:25:42 -0700
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Danny Cooper <danny.cooper@uk.tiscali.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DELL PowerEdge 2850 and FreeBSD 5.4

Danny,

A late reply, but I had some nasty trouble recently with some dual-Xeon
SuperMicros.  The install CD would crash and burn, unless I nooted in
safe mode.  Once I installed FreeBSD I'd have MASSIVE troubles with
stability unless I booted in safe mode, which I would use to build an
SMP kernel, after which, no stability troubles.

Go figure, but I've taken experiences like this as a bad omen for
contemporary FreeBSD. :/

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/