Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 07:40:41 -0800
From:      "William Woods" <wwoods@cybcon.com>
To:        "Thomas Valentino Crimi" <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>, <alpha@FreeBSD.ORG>, <paul@originative.co.uk>
Subject:   Alpha and ports.....

I am in the process of buying an alpha multia.....just to play with and
learn on. I already have FreeBSD on a PPII200 and all is well there.

The question I have is this....how are the ports on the alpha distro,
specifically, I am interested in Netscape, WP8. How well do these compile?
And maby StarOffice 4.0 also.

Are there any special cavieats(sp) I should be aware of when compiling
ports on an alpha?

Thanks

Bill