Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:54:19 +0800
From:      Christopher Hall <hsw@acm.org>
To:        Jing-Tang Keith Jang <keith@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   no lisp files installed for chinese/xemacs21 (zh-xemacs-21.1.14)

I have just tried to install chinese/xemacs21, there are no
obvious error messages output during the make install, but
it fails to run.

The message produced is:
  Cannot open load file: /usr/local/lib/xemacs-21.1.14/lisp/auto-autoloads

The directory /usr/local/lib/xemacs-21.1.14/lisp/ is completely empty.

Looking at the various pkg-plist the lisp files should be installed by
editors/xemacs21-mule-common, but this is not installed.  It is
cleaned during the make clean.

This is a fresh install starting from a cvsup on 2001-10-16, a new world,
GENERIC kernel, and x11/XFree86-4.

I did try to cd to the generated work directory and make install from
there.  This did install some lisp files, and xemacs would start, but
gnuserv-start in my .emacs failed.

I also tried japanese/xemacs21-sumo-canna, but this did not install
lisp files either.

As a final test I pkg_deleted *xemacs* and rm -rf /usr/local/lib/xemacs*
shutdown to single user and tried make install again.  Same error, no
lisp files installed.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

---
Christopher Hall <hsw@generalresources.com>         Fax: +886-2-2795-3030