Date:      Sat, 11 Jan 1997 13:02:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xaccel leaks?

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> On one of my machines (some older 2.2-current) - where one user has the habit of
> leaving  many X apps like ghostview/gs standing on for days - top is showing
> that Xaccel is now at 11M SIZE (9000K RES). swapinfo shows 37% of 44M swap.
>
> What could I do about it? Approach Xinside? Rebuild ghostview with another
> malloc lib? Run XFree86?
>
> In that machine we have a Matrox Millenium 4MB and XFree86 support was a bit
> sparse until recently.

This machine is a Pentium 100 running 3.0-current and Xinside's v2.1 X
server, and has a Millenium 4MB and 32MB main memory.

Top shows Xaccel is now at 7.92M SIZE (7156K RES) swapinfo shows
38% of 131072M swap.

This is running the CDE with vic, vat, wb and sdr plus a few 'dtterms'

What would be reasonable to expect?

regards
--kim

kimc@w8hd.org