Date:      Sun, 19 Jul 1998 20:10:20 -0400
From:      "Peter D. Pawelek" <ppawel@axess.com>
To:        anxiety@primenet.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE-1.0

Quoting Micah Mayo (anxiety@primenet.com):

> I've been able to compile KDE 1.0 Support, Libs, Base, Admin, Network, Utils,
> and most of games(it hung on mygame.cpp or something, but the games work
> so I'm not incredibly concerned.. But, I did have some problems compiling the
> multimedia and graphics packages these are the errors i got:

You may want to try using gmake to compile instead of the BSD make utility.
I found that I was unable to compile the KDE-graphics package with make,
but it compiled flawlessly with gmake. A good rule of thumb when 'rolling
your own' is to use gmake when the FreeBSD make pukes.

Of course, Your Mileage May Vary...  ;)

Peter Pawelek (ppawel@axess.com)