Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:56:43 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1008449803.4dbe57@mired.org>
To:        Konstantinos Konstantinidis <kkonstan@duth.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best service on earth!

Konstantinos Konstantinidis <kkonstan@duth.gr> types:
> I've been told by some people that this is dishonest, but frankly, I
> don't think so. When I am getting an offer I can't refuse, that's what
> I do - I don't refuse it. I am not going to sit and argue with an employee
> of a huge nation-wide coroporation how ridiculous the price for a particular
> item is, I'll just go ahead and buy it if I want it.

In the US, this is not only dishonest, but the merchants are required
*by law* to honor marked prices. I once got a great deal on a
microwave. When I opened the box at home, it was the much cheaper
model, not the one marked on the display. I take it back the next day,
and they gave me the one that they had incorrectly marked. Along with
the other two people who were in line to get theirs exchanged.

	<mike