Date:      Sat, 22 Dec 2007 21:13:01 +0100
From:      Jan Henrik Sylvester <me@janh.de>
To:        Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>, Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>, pav@freebsd.org, ports-list freebsd <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: misc/compat5x package installs with weird messages

Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 18:32:22 -0600
> Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu> wrote:
>>> My bets are on noschg flag.
>> Pav, you are exactly right.  I have experienced this many times myself.
>>   After installing the compat5x package you need to do "chflags -R
>> noschg /var/tmp/inst* && rm -rf /var/tmp/inst*" or something like that.
>> I think it is a bug in pkg_install, that it doesn't check for the schg
>> flag being set in its temporary file area.  Or maybe it should set the
>> flags in the first place.
>
> 	I knew this issue.  So I fixed it with rev#1.16 on make clean.
> 	But my work was not enough:-(.  How about following patch?

I did a portupgrade to the new version. It ended with:

===>  Cleaning for compat5x-i386-5.4.0.8_9
--->  Cleaning out obsolete shared libraries
[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... - 787 packages
found (-0 +1) . done]
Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libc.so.5
Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libc_r.so.5
Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libcrypt.so.2
Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libpthread.so.1
Operation not permitted - /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libthr.so.1

I do not know what was not permitted. portupgrade did backup the shared
libs with their schg flag. Whatever should have happened then...

I guess since nothing has changed with the libs, I can safely removed
everything from /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/ that came from this update
(pam_*.so.2, snmp_*.so.2, and the files mentioned in the error message).
Is that correct?

BTW: Creating a compat5x-i386-5.4.0.8_9 package with pkg_create,
removing it, and readding it all went without error messages.

Thanks,
Jan Henrik