Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 23:29:38 -0400 (GMT-0400)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@multivac.narcissus.net>
To:        Mike <sturdee@pinto.sd.cybernex.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: just a few simple questions=)

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Mike wrote:

> I am setting up Free-BSD on a Pentium II 266 for a high end web server.
> It is gonna be hooked to a T1.. What is the BEST ethernet card to use
> for free-BSD.

10baseT?  100baseT?  The best card, as with most (all?) hardware, depends
on the environment you expect to use it in.

The Intel EtherExpress PRO/100 B is supposed to be nice.  I just got one,
though I haven't set it up yet.  It does 10baseT or 100baseT
(autosensing).  It doesn't do coaxial though, UTP only.

This issue was *just* discussed recently -- today, in fact, I think.

> Also I was also wondering if I have to use the boot disk
> evertime to boot my machine, and if so, how do I make it so I don't have
> to use a book disk.

You do have to have a boot disk, but it can be your hard drive.  :-)
What's the problem?

> I was also wondering if it supports all Adaptec and
> Buslogid Ultra Wide SCSI cards.

This is all documented on the web page!  See the URL I quoted above.

> Thanx!  Mike

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."